Accidentally spilled printer ink on your carpet? Know how to get printer ink out of carpet effectively with these different yet reliable methods.
You might think that spilling printer ink on your carpet is a disaster. Well, it can be if you don’t know how to get printer ink out of the carpet.
Fortunately, there’s no need to worry just yet as there are several methods to how to get printer ink out of carpet available for you to try.
1st Method – How to Get Printer Ink Off Your Carpet with Alcohol
- Pour alcohol on a clean cloth and dab on the stain.
- Grab a clean cloth and pour isopropyl alcohol with a 70% solution on it.
- Dab the stained area with the cloth mentioned above.
- Pour more alcohol on the cloth.
Make sure to keep the cloth wet with alcohol to remove the ink stain more effectively. Now and then, pour more on the fabric as you dab the stain off the carpet. Repeat the process until the stain is removed.
- Use hydrogen peroxide if the stain persists.
Should the stain persist, you can make use of hydrogen peroxide. Just substitute alcohol with and repeat the process.
2nd Method – How to Get Printer Ink Out of Carpet with Non-Oily Hairspray
- Moisten the stained area with non-oily hairspray.
If you have a non-oily hairspray, use it to moisten the stained area. Be careful not to wet it too much as that might spread the ink more.
- Use a clean towel to dab off the stain and repeat the process.
Get a clean towel to dab off the stained area with a hairspray. You should be able to see some of the ink transfer to the cloth. Once you do, keep repeating the process.
- Rinse the area with lukewarm water.
Once satisfied, rinse the area with a towel dipped in lukewarm water. Dab the cloth with water until the area is thoroughly cleaned off.
3rd Method – How to Get Printer Ink Out of Carpet with Lubricant
- Spray lubricant on the stain.
Do a test of the lubricant on the carpet. If it turns out to be okay, spray the lubricant on the stained area and leave it there for a few minutes.
- Wipe with a sponge and warm water with soap.
Mix soap with water and pour it on the sponge. Use the sponge to wipe the stain off the carpet. Keep rubbing the area to remove both the stain and the lubricant.
- Rinse using warm water, then dry.
To remove all the unwanted residue, rinse off the area with warm water. Be thorough. Don’t forget to give extra attention to the edges. Afterward, let it dry.
4th Method – How to Get Printer Ink Out of Carpet with Detergent, Ammonia, and Vinegar Solution
- Mix dishwashing liquid with water and dab the stain off with a clean cloth.
Mix one cup of water with one teaspoon of dishwashing detergent. Spray it on the stained area well and dab it off with a clean cloth.
- Mix ammonia with water and dab the stain off with the ammonia solution.
Next, mix one tablespoon of ammonia with a half cup of water. Respray it on the stained area and dab off with a new clean cloth.
- Mix vinegar and water and dab the stain with a clean cloth.
Mix equal amounts of vinegar and water. Dab off the stained area with it and another clean cloth.
- Clean away the residue with the detergent solution.
Reapply the detergent solution to remove any residue from any of the solutions you used.
- Rinse with clean water and let it dry.
After all the solutions, rinse the carpet with clean water. Once you’re satisfied, let it dry.
Of course, you can always use commercial cleaners, but in case you don’t have any, at least you know how to get printer ink out of carpet with not just one but four different methods.